Sun, Jul 24|
Fitness Party in the Park
On July 24, 2022, Make it Matter is hosting a fitness party in the park in collaboration with Nubarre and FBC! The event will raise funds to support Make it Matter's annual initiatives promoting special education projects for neurodiverse youth and adults in the community.
Time & Location
Jul 24, 2022, 12:00 PM – Jul 25, 2022, 4:00 PM
Montréal, 3003, rue Jean-Gascon Montréal (Québec) H4R 2X8
About the event
FITNESS IN THE PARK PARTY - MIM x NUBARRE x FBC
On July 24, 2022, Make it Matter (MIM) is hosting a fitness party in the park in collaboration with Nubarre and FBC! The event will raise funds to support Make it Matter's annual initiatives promoting inclusive education projects for neurodiverse youth and adults in the community.
TICKET SALES *IMPORTANT - TICKET SALES MUST BE MADE THROUGH EVENTBRITE
Tickets for admission to the event will be sold at $45 per ADULT (children under 12 years of age can attend for free). Tickets must be purchased in advanced, online through the eventbrite page. Proceeds from ticket and raffle sales will benefit Make it Matter Non-Profit Organization. Tickets include the following items:
- Donation to Make it Matter Non-Profit Organization
- General admission to the party in the park
- Access to 2 fitness workouts (Box & Burn, Floor Barre)
- MIM branded reusable water bottle
- 1 submission to the Grand Raffle prize
Access to food & drink stations, family-friendly activities available through on-site raffle ticket purchases (as donations) at the event's Welcome Booth.
On-site donation payment methods accepted include: Cash, Credit and Debit
We have proudly partnered with the following sponsors for this event. We thank our sponsors for their participation and generous contributions:
- FBC Fitness and Boxing Centre
- NuBarre Fitness & Wellness
- LEAD Learning Centre
UPDATES ON MIM'S INITIATIVES
This past summer, Make it Matter has supported the following initiatives, supporting neurodiverse youth in the community:
- Hired 2 Integration Aides (Shadow) who will offer individualized classroom support to 3 children with special needs, enrolled at our partner preschool centre, ADE - Académie de l'enfance, for a period of 8 weeks.
- Hired 3 Integration Aides (Shadow) who will offer group support to school-aged children with special needs, enrolled in the summer camp program at our partner learning centre, LEAD, for a period of 10 weeks.
- Hired a Grant Writer, who will seek funding, grants and subsidies on behalf of the organization, which will enable Make it Matter to bring forth their projects.
You can visit our social media pages to learn more about the programs we have been offering through Make it Matter to neurodiverse youth and adults in our community.
UPCOMING MIM INITIATIVES
In order to continue to make a difference in our community's neurodiverse youth and adult's lives, we need to raise funds that will support more projects benefitting these individuals. Our upcoming initiatives include the following goals and objectives for Make it Matter:
- Offer social & life skills programs to neurodiverse adults (i.e. Autism or other neurodiversity) - Adults 18 and older
- Offer social & life skills programs to neurodiverse youth (i.e. Autism or other neurodiversity) - Youth 18 and under
- Obtain Canadian Charity Status by 2023 (collaborate with a Legal Firm, Accountancy Firm and Grant Writers) in order to increase the organization's impact on the neurodiverse community
Check-in at the Welcome BoothWelcome booth
Party in the ParkGeneral Area