Sun, Jul 24|
Location is TBD
Fitness Party in the Park - MIM x Nubarre x FBC
On July 24, 2022, Make it Matter is hosting a fitness party in the park in collaboration with Nubarre and FBC! The event will raise funds to support Make it Matter's annual initiatives promoting special education projects for neurodiverse youth and adults in the community.
Time & Location
Jul 24, 2022, 12:00 PM
Location is TBD
About the event
FITNESS IN THE PARK PARTY - MIM x NUBARRE x FBC
On July 24, 2022, Make it Matter is hosting a fitness party in the park in collaboration with Nubarre and FBC! The event will raise funds to support Make it Matter's annual initiatives promoting inclusive education projects for neurodiverse youth and adults in the community.
Tickets for admission to the event will be sold at $45 per adult (children are free). Tickets must be purchased in advanced, online through the event page. Proceeds from ticket and raffle sales will benefit Make it Matter Non-Profit Organization.
Each ticket includes access to the event and sponsors, a welcome kit, 1 raffle prize submission and 2 workout classes led by Nubarre and FBC. Food, drinks, raffle prizes, and family-friendly activities will be available through raffle ticket purchases at the Welcome booth.
On-site payment methods accepted include: Cash, Credit and Debit
UPDATES ON MIM'S INITIATIVES
This past summer, Make it Matter has supported the following initiatives, supporting neurodiverse youth in the community:
- Hired 2 Integration Aides (Shadow) who will offer individualized classroom support to 3 children with special needs, enrolled at our partner preschool centre, ADE - Académie de l'enfance, for a period of 8 weeks.
- Hired 3 Integration Aides (Shadow) who will offer group support to school-aged children with special needs, enrolled in the summer camp program at our partner learning centre, LEAD, for a period of 10 weeks.
- Hired a Grant Writer, who will seek funding, grants and subsidies on behalf of the organization, which will enable Make it Matter to bring forth their projects.
You can visit our social media pages to learn more about the programs we have been offering through Make it Matter to neurodiverse youth and adults in our community.
UPCOMING MIM INITIATIVES
In order to continue to make a difference in our community's neurodiverse youth and adult's lives, we need to raise funds that will support more projects benefitting these individuals. Our upcoming initiatives include the following goals and objectives for Make it Matter:
- Offer social & life skills programs to neurodiverse adults (i.e. Autism or other neurodiversity) - Adults 18 and older
- Offer social & life skills programs to neurodiverse youth (i.e. Autism or other neurodiversity) - Youth 18 and under
- Obtain Canadian Charity Status by 2023 (collaborate with a Legal Firm, Accountancy Firm and Grant Writers) in order to increase the organization's impact on the neurodiverse community